Hi, my name is Trish and I am addicted to French Food.
|Not the golden brown hue of its onion counterpart, but equally satisfying.|
- Leek, halved lengthways, washed and sliced - Aim for about 1kg chopped which was 5 short fat leeks for me.
- 3 Tbsp failsafe oil (or nuttelex or ghee if tolerated)
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup rice flour (or other tolerated flour)
- 2 1/2 Litres of liquid (water or stock or whiskey. I used 1/2 cup whiskey, 1Tbsp stock concentrate and the rest water)
- Bread to serve.
- Heat the oil in a heavy based saucepan and add the leeks. Cook over a medium to low heat for about 30mins stirring occasionally until they start to caramelise.
- Add the garlic and flour and stir for a few minutes.
- Gradually add the liquid while stirring to ensure there are no floury lumps.
- Cover the saucepan and simmer for about 25 mins.
- Serve with slices of grilled garlic bread on top
- Salicylates - Use onions (duh), add a bay leaf and a few sprigs of thyme.
- Non Failsafe guests? Serve with slices of baguette that have been grilled with grated gruyere cheese on top.