Clayton's Chicken Curry
- 1 large leek, split lengthways and sliced finely
- 5 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 Tbsp failsafe oil (or ghee if you can tolerate it)
- 600g chicken breast, diced
- 2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup rice milk
- 1/2 tsp saffron threads
- 1/4 cup gin (optional, you can just add more rice milk)
- 2 Tbsp ground raw cashews
- Heat rice milk and add saffron and let soak. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan and cook leeks and garlic until soft and pale gold.
- Add chicken and seal on all sides. Stir in salt
- Add gin and rice milk with saffron, cover and gently simmer for about 20 mins or until chicken is cooked and tender.
- Add ground cashew and cook for another few minutes.
- Serve with steamed rice and flat bread.
Variations - Dairy - use cream instead of rice milk.
Salicylates - add a tsp of garam masala with the salt and a Tbsp of fresh coriander to garnish
This was so easy to make and everyone liked it, so I think this will be a regular feature at dinner time.